- Current Member of NC State Senate, District 39
- One-Term Member of the NC House (2015-2017)
- Courts Commission (Appointed by Governor McCrory)
- Two-term Mecklenburg County Commissioner
- Republican. Conservative.
- USO of NC, Charlotte Advisory Committee.
- Married 17 years to Jo. Father of Jack, 15
- Lifelong Charlottean.
- South Mecklenburg High School Class of ‘82.
- Active member, Providence United Methodist Church, 18 years. Chancel Choir.
- One of five children, all in Charlotte.
- 25 years experience litigating complex business and local government controversies.
- Ten times voted to Business North Carolina “Legal Elite.” Seven times selected by “Super Lawyers.” 2013-14 Best Lawyers.
- Erwin, Bishop, Capitano & Moss, 1996-present.
- Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, 1990-96.
- University of North Carolina, J.D., high honors, 1990. Member, North Carolina Law Review.
- B.S. Business Administration, highest distinction, 1986.